As anticipated, I did receive box 13: https://www.birchbox.com/shop/birchbox-1/october-2012/october2012box13
MyGlam/ Ipsy October 2012 box!
In my box was:
- .46 Essie Lady Like Nail Polish. I thought this was a full sized, but when I looked it up, it looks like it is just shy of a full sized bottle (full sized is .5 oz). Approx value: 3.46
- .1 oz Kiehl's Rosa Artica Eye. Based on Amazon Per Oz price: $5.69
- 1.69 oz Luna Lemon Zest Bar. Amazon Per Bar Price: $1.07
- .07 oz Jouer Lip Enhancer. Based on online Per Oz Price: $2.96
- 2- 2mL SuperGoop Samples. Based on Per mL Price: $1.36
Not as good of a value as My Glam/ Ipsy.
However, I will disclose that this box will earn me 50 review points (you can earn points for reviewing each item in your box). I combined my 60 points last month with my 50 points from this month and was able to get a full sized $10 item from their store. If you consider that you make $5 from each box and can get a completely free item every other month (shipping is free on box items), then it starts to become a better value.
I will probably keep my BirchBox because I do like the added value of buying a full sized item completely of my choosing.
Want to sign up? Click here and for only $10 a month, you will get your own BirchBox!