I used this recipe with ANY extra fruit I have. I made it with peaches and cream (Greek vanilla yogurt), the suggested bananas--and LOTS of them, and also with blueberries! We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did!
Super Yummy, Super Moist Banana Bread
- * 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter, softened
* 1 1/4 cups Granulated Sugar
* 2 Eggs
* 4 tbsp. Sour Cream
* 1 1/2 cups Flour, all-purpose (white)
* 1 tsp. Baking Soda
* 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
* 1.5 cups (2-3) ripe Bananas, mashed (NOTE: Original recipe called for 1 cup and baked a little less, but I usually use more banana and bake it a wee bit longer. The tracker includes the extra bit of banana!)
Directions1. Grease 9" x 5" loaf pan.
2. Beat together butter and sugar.
3. Add eggs. Mix well.
4. Add sour cream, flour, baking soda, vanilla, and bananas. Mix well.
5. Pour into prepared loaf pan.
6. Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 - 55 minutes, or until toothpick in center comes out clean.
7. Cool on rack, and wrap in plastic wrap overnight to bring out the moisture in the bread.
8. Makes 1 loaf, cut into 14 slices about 5/8" thick each.
9. Enjoy! :)
Number of Servings: 14
The full recipe, calories and credit from Spark is here.
Sounds Yummy!! thnks 4 sharing :)ReplyDelete
I love anything like this ! Sounds greatReplyDelete
What's the recipe name? Do you have a link to the original so I can see a picture? Thanks for sharing. julieann rReplyDelete
Excellent idea!! Love it, and love the recipe too! Sounds delicious!ReplyDelete
No photos, but the link and title have been added! Hope you like it!ReplyDelete
Next time we make it, I'll snap some photos!ReplyDelete
Yum! Love banana bread!! :)ReplyDelete
Glad I have some bananas that are overripe! Yum!ReplyDelete
Wow, sounds delicious!ReplyDelete