Baked Apple Oatmeal (see Martha Stewart's original Recipe HERE)
By: Martha Stewart (online) and modified by MamaBreak
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium apples, skin peeled in a spiral
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together butter, brown sugar, oatmeal, cinnamon, ginger, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Scoop out the core of each apple with a melon baller, being careful not to go through the bottom (I actually do this with a Grapefruit spoon-- improvise if you do not have a melon baller!)
- Discard cores.
- Fill each apple with oat mixture, dividing evenly.
- Transfer apples to a 9-inch square baking dish. Add 1 cup water to the dish to cover bottoms of apples by about 1/2 inch.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake until apples are soft but not mushy, 40 to 45 minutes. Serve warm.
The result is Martha Stewart DELICIOUS!
For the complete recipe visit: http://www.marthastewart.com/318427/swirly-baked-apples?czone=food/produce-guide-cnt/produce-guide-fall¢er=276955&gallery=275039&slide=285736
Oh YUMMY!!! I am definitely making this soon! Sounds so good, and I love apples!ReplyDelete
This sounds really good! I have never thought to bake Oatmeal but with the fresh apples in it, must be delicious. My three year old would enjoy this before school in the mornings.ReplyDelete
I have been cooking with fresh picked apples for 2 weeks, fall comes early here :( Im going to try this though, I love oatmeal ThanksReplyDelete
Sounds like the apple crumble I make, love fall & recipes like this, will be giving it a try, thanks for info!ReplyDelete
Yuck oatmeal but I bet my hubby would love this! I might just have to make it for him, thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
I love Fall time, we always make apple/cinnamon recipes so we will have to try this one out!ReplyDelete
Sounds very yummy!ReplyDelete