Taste of Home has a great photo....ours was a little overcooked (our photo below) but still SUPER yummy! Only 1/2 of it left!
Brie and Sausage Bake
- 1 pound bulk Johnsonville® Ground Sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 cups cubed day-old sourdough bread
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted sweet red peppers
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, rind removed, cubed
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Place bread cubes in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with sausage mixture, red peppers, Brie and Parmesan cheeses and basil. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, mustard, pepper and salt; pour over top. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 4-6 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Sprinkle with green onions. Yield: 12 servings.