Ok, so I have to admit I am kind of a protein bar snob. Truth be told-- I only want to eat something that tastes GOOD, and to me most protein bars taste like cardboard. I just fell in love with the Balance Bar mini energy bars because not only are they good for you, but they taste amazing! No cardboard here!
We also got an Itzy Ritzy snack bag, which we love! We use thise size of snack bag for so many things! There is a zipper and they are washable, which makes they very functional. You can put almost anything into them, but we like including crackers and cheese in ours for lunch! My daughter also loves to use them to hold toys and puzzles!
August is winding down and families are officially in “Back to School” mode, which includes packing lunches, soccer games, play-dates, homework and so much more! Balance Bar® in partnership with the Macaroni Kid parent network surveyed more than 5,000 parents of school-aged children and found that 61% of parents thought that Fall (aka Back to School) is the busiest time of year for their families.
What else did we find from this survey? Check it out:
· 77% of parents said they have 3 or more activities/events per week on average once school starts.
· 80% of respondents said once school starts, they will be planning more meals and attending more sporting events for their kids.
· And 57% of parents said they try to have one meal together each day as a family to help balance their schedules.
· 79% of parents reported that they pack their kids’ school lunches.
To help parents, Macaroni Kid provided some tips on how to better prepare for a school day and balance everyone’s schedules:
· Do a run through. Are your kids starting a new school or a new routine? Do a run through. Wake up "school time," brush teeth, get dressed, pack lunch, have a school-appropriate breakfast and maybe even drive or walk to school. Then, take those packed lunches and head to the park for a final summer break picnic.
· Plan the menus. Give your kids several options in each category and let them weigh in on what they'd like to find in their lunchboxes... you won't have to guess each morning and they are far more likely to eat it if they've had a hand in selecting it. We love Balance Bar® minis to pack along for snacks!
· Clean your closets! Nothing gets you and the kids ready for smooth mornings like purged, well-organized closets.
· Start a good sleep routine early. Kids love to stay up late in the summer time (and who can blame them) but it makes for tougher mornings if kids are used to going to bed later and sleeping in past "school time" wake up.
· Set goals with your children for the upcoming school year. Whether it's academics, sports, or extracurricular activities it's great to help kids get motivated for success in the new school year.
Interested in hearing more tips on how to balance your schedule come this Fall? Join Balance Bar® Tuesday, August 20 at 2:00 PM EST/11:00 AM PST for a live, one-hour Twitter chat.
Check out Balance Bars at: www.facebook.com/BalanceBar
Or on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/
Want to win your OWN prize pack with a box of Balance Bar mini energy bars AND an Itzy Ritzy snack bag? Enter below!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I have not tried the mini's but the Dark Chocolate Coconut Balance Bar sounds good.ReplyDelete
The cookie dough ones look delish! :)ReplyDelete
Double chocolate Brownie...yum!ReplyDelete
I haven't tried them yet but cookie dough and double chocolate brownie sound amazing! Yum!ReplyDelete
the cookie dough ones sound yummy!ReplyDelete
I haven't tried them yet but I would like cookie dough.ReplyDelete
The cookie dough sounds great.ReplyDelete
I've never tried them! The cookie dough sounds yummy!ReplyDelete
double chocolate brownie sounds yummyReplyDelete
I like Original Double Chocolate Brownie best.ReplyDelete
I'm with you -- cookie dough is always a fave!ReplyDelete
I think I'd like the cookie dough!ReplyDelete
Cookie dough... yum!!!ReplyDelete
double chocolate brownieReplyDelete
the cookie dough ones sound awesome!!!ReplyDelete
The Double Chocolate Brownie sounds pretty awesome!ReplyDelete
The Dark Chocolate Coconut.ReplyDelete
the double chocolate brownie sounds sooo goodReplyDelete
I've never tried one before but they sound great and if they will help my energy level I'm pumped! Would love to ein this for sure!ReplyDelete
Double chocolate brownieReplyDelete
I haven't tried them yet but I know it wwill be the cookie dough that I like best.ReplyDelete
Vicki Vix on rafflecopter
snarkymiss at live dot com
I've tried the regular size ones and the brownie ones are my favorite! :)ReplyDelete
trulywaiting at gmail.com
Cookie dough sounds goods to me.ReplyDelete
Cookie dough for me!ReplyDelete
Definitely double chocolate brownie!ReplyDelete
The Double chocolate brownie sounds great love to try itReplyDelete
I'd love to try the Cookie Dough bars :)ReplyDelete
The Double Chocolate Brownie is my favorite.ReplyDelete
The double chocolate brownie one sounds good.ReplyDelete
My favorite flavor is Dark Chocolate Crunch Balance BarReplyDelete
I have never tried them but I think the double chocolate brownie would be a favorite.ReplyDelete
I've never had these yummy looking bars, but I'd love to try the Cookie Dough one.Thank you :)ReplyDelete