I have to admit I was not thrilled with them at first. I was going back and forth with Customer Service about getting a tracking number, but I will give them this-- customer service actually responded every time within 24 hours-- not with a tracking number, but at least there was a response.
I really thought I would cancel after the first month. I told them as much on their facebook wall :) My box would need to be AMAZING to keep my subscription.
Needless to say, I am sticking with the membership an cannot wait for next month.
So what was SOOOO amazing . . . well, first let me explain that this is an expensive box-- it is $25 a month, but if you sign up through this link and use code FIRST BOX you will save 50% off of your first box! Use code SPRING20 to get $20 off of your purchase. That means your first box is only $9!!!!! You can also use BLOGHALF for a longer subscription (it takes 50% off), which means if you subscribe to 6 months, you will only pay for 1/2!!!
I also should explain what makes Citrus Lane a little different. YOUR box is based on YOUR child. You indicate your child's age and gender and they send an appropriate box. I believe the age goes up to 3 or 4, and I got a box that was clearly for a toddler (my almost 2 year old).
On to the contents. Not everything is in the photo, and I will explain.
First, the box comes with a contents card that tells you which each item is, where to buy it, and how much it costs. This makes blogging about it and its approximate worth SO much easier! :) The information also includes tips each month to make parenting easier AND coupon codes at various stores. My toddler box contained:
- Paul Frank board book. It is SUPER cute and daughter LOVES it. Value $6.99 is their estimate-- on Amazon for a sale price of $9.99!!!!!
- Skip Hop Dunck Stacking Bath Toys-- $10 is their value-- $9.99 on amazon
- Branam All Natural Xylitol Tooth Gel (5 oz full size)-- $7.99 is their value-- $7.11 on amazon
- Seventh Generation Natural Hand Wash (12 oz full size)-- $3.49 is their value-- $7.99 on amazon
- Sample of Juice Beauty Antioxidant Serum (.17 oz)-- They do not give a value-- 2 oz is $45.00 on amazon--- Citrus Lane includes a mom surprise apparently every month as a little bonus.
BUT WITH THIS BOX came a $15 ecomom gift card. NOT some coupon of $15 off 40. No a GIFT CARD with no restrictions of anything like that!!!! That brings the value to $43.47 or $50.08. As an ecomom shopper, I am already using my code this evening!
Needless to say, I am blown away. This is not a sample box like other places that send small samples, but a company that sends full sized products that are AGE appropriate for your CHILD. I just simply love them!!!!! And I CANNOT WAIT for next month!!!!