In case you didn't notice, almost every one of these companies have closed their doors. Many of them were my favorite sites to visit! And I would visit (and often buy from them) daily.
Today, I want to feature one of the sites that still remains (and still remains awesome) and why I STILL--- after all of these years LOVE them.
I was first introduced to the Steals network around the time they launched (within a few months). They launched April 2008, and I started shopping with them, I believe, in 2008 when my son was a baby (and we had first moved to the North). Either way, I have been shopping with them a LONG time. So why do I (and I think other moms) love them-- and they are able to survive the test of time:
- Customer Service. When other companies had lackluster customer service, the Steals Network has risen about the rest. I remember when they were every small and I emailed to ask a question, the agent emailed back asking about one of my children BY NAME (I was apparently even more active on their Facebook fan site than I thought). They have always been responsive to any errors. In fact, this past holiday season, there was an error in my order and it was corrected immediately (I got a refund because sadly my item was sold out). I think it was taken care of within 24 hours of me emailing though! Super fast service-- always.
- They LISTEN to their customers. When we all said "shipping is too high" they found us lower shipping. When people ask them to look into a brand, they usually do. Have a brand you want featured? Email them!
- Jana Francis. Jana Francis. Jana Francis. She is the brand and the brand is definitely her. There are actually 2 owners), but Jana is always talking to her customers, producing videos, chatting on the fan pages-- she is very present. And I think that matters. She is a real person behind this brand and she shows her love and passion for it-- even after 9 years!
- Innovation-- what I love about steals is their willingness to try new things. They have tried more than 1 steal a day (they are back to 1 a day at 8 a.m. PST), a chat and trading site (which I LOVED!!!!), live sales (which I LOVED even more!!!! And I hope they have another because it was a BLAST!!!!), and lots more. I love the updates and the constant strive to make things better!
- The points system! This was one of the new things they have tried and I love it. Did you know you can get 8 points a day just from logging into each of the steals sites? 100 points = $1 so it doesn't seem like a lot, but it adds up! You can get over 200 points a month, which will be about $25 in a year. Just make sure you are logged in and you will see your $$$ add up every day.
- Finally, your baby can grow with the Steals sites. Of course BabySteals is my favorite-- but once your child gets older, you can move on to KidSteals, and of course there is something for mamas at SheSteals and scrapbook items at ScapbookSteals. A good variety of items every day!
We will be featuring items from the Steals sites each week (some we own, some that are that day's steals) so join us!
(For those curious, MamaBargains, BabyHalfOff, GreenBabyBargains, EcoBabyBuys, GaGaDeals, ASideofPeaches, and many more have all shut down).
This post contains affiliate links.
Post a Comment