I know the price is low, at just $11 a month. I actually purchased through Eversave for $18 for 3 months. You KNOW if I do not think this box is an $8 value, something is seriously wrong. It gets worse. I actually had a $5 Eversave voucher, which brought it to $13 for 3 months. Worth $4 a month? Nope, not even that. I actually used a VISA gift card that I won to pay for it-- and I wish I had kept my gift card amount and my voucher, because this subscription box service is valued, I would say at $2- $3 a month.
Here is what was in this month's box.
- 4 fl oz of Ecos Magnolia and Lily Laundry detergent. 50 ounces if $7.49-- so by even their estimates, this sample is worth 70 cents! Sometimes you have to laugh about these things. You can wash 4 loads with this sample.
- A 1 time use sample of aloe Baby's Tender Defender. There is so little, it is not even indicated on the packet, but the same size as those little samples that you get in the mail of diaper cream (like Desitin). 4 ounces is valued at $16. I would value this at nothing, seeing as I can get the same size sample at many different places-- for free.
- .25 oz StriVectin-EV Even Brightening Serum-- 1.7 ounces retails at $89.00. This is a SMALL bottle. I also am greatly concerned over the use of this product when pregnant or nursing. The ingredients are numerous and complicated. This product is not on the EWG web site, but I am not going to use it, as a few of the items in the ingredients list are rated as a 6 on the EWG web site. However, with something that costs $89, 1/8 of it would be $10?? It is not worth that at all, of course, because you can often get such samples for free from the makeup counter.
- .17 oz Wedela Almond Soothing Facial Cream-- 1 oz is $24.00. Value?? A tenth of an ounce. It is so hard to judge the value at such a small sample. Definitely NOT a deluxe sample, but even by their own estimations it would be $2.40?? I would value it as $1 at MOST
- 2-- 1 time use samples of Naturally its clean floor cleaner. This one HAS to be a joke of some sort. A 24 oz bottle is $5.99. This is a packet that you could get inside any flyer. It is pathetic as a sample and I value it at $0.
The samples included in this box are no where near "deluxe" and will not be anything that you or your child will get too excited about. Over 2 months, I would evaluate both boxes as a colossal waste of time and energy. The best thing about the box is it comes with tissue paper which I may actually use.